Monday, February 16, 2009

Letter from Scott Kerr (Feb. 13)

Dear Mrs. Marshall,

My wife, Kim, attended both the High School Sub-committee and Combined Committee meetings this week. From the contact you have had with myself, my wife and my friends and neighbors, I think you must agree, that we have participated in this process in a very logical, vigorous, and respectful manner. I would dare say that many of us have spent as much time researching and gathering thoughtful solutions as many of the committee members.

Yet, after all of our work, The Pemberton Corridor, with over 25 years of attendance at Godwin, was not given the courtesy or consideration of at least an examination of the possibility of staying at Godwin High School. It is inconceivable to me that not a single map was ever considered with the option of the entire Pemberton Corridor remaining at Godwin. In fact other areas, with absolutely zero history at Godwin have been considered and in fact recommended by the committee to attend Godwin.

I feel as though we have been ignored and marginalized in this process. I can assure you that we will keep engaged in the process in respectful and passionate manner, but with a great since of frustration and sense of futility.

It is my hope that you will consider our arguments thoughtfully and in the end, at least give us the consideration that I believe we merit. Any advice or council would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I are open to any help you are able to offer. If you desire we would be happy to organize a meeting with the Pemberton Corridor so that we can meet.

I want conclude by saying thank you for your vote on the “Grandfathering” clause that will allow our son to graduate from Godwin. This news was greeted with much celebration in our house. It is my hope that his sister will be able to follow in his footsteps.

Regards,

Scott Kerr
9514 Oldhouse Run
Henrico, VA 23238

No comments: